International Association for Official Statistics
2019 General Assembly Meeting
Monday, 19 August 2019
Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (KLCC)
Room: MR 409, Level 4
Time: 12:40 – 13:40
The International Association for Official Statistics (IAOS) is pleased to invite you to attend the 2019 IAOS General Assembly Meeting that will be held on Monday, 19 August 2019 at the Kuala Lumpur Convention Centre (Room: MR 409, Level 4) from 12:40-13:40.
The meeting will inform on the IAOS activities and achievements during 2018-2019, as well as on the new Executive Committee 2019-2021 and future activities.
- Welcome words – Mario Palma (IAOS President 2017-2019)
- IAOS Report 2018-2019 – Mario Palma (IAOS President 2017-2019) (Report)
- SJIAOS 2018-2019 – Kirsten West (Outgoing SJIAOS Editor-in Chief) (Presentation)
- YSP 2018-2019 – Gemma Van Halderen (EXCO member) (Report)
- Formal election of the new IAOS Executive Committee for 2019-2021 (Announcement)
- IAOS Strategic Plan 2019-2021 – John Pullinger (IAOS President 2019-2021)
- SJIAOS Strategic Plan – Pieter Everaers (Incoming SJIAOS Editor-in Chief) (Presentation)
- IAOS Conference 2020 – John Pullinger (IAOS President 2019-2021) and Oliver Chinganya (Programme Chair of the IAOS 2020 Conference)
- Questions & Comments
Please note, this General Assembly will be held as part of the 62nd ISI World Statistics Congress that will take place from 18-23 August 2019 in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia. For more information about the ISI WSC, its programme and registration, please visit: https://www.isi2019.org/.
According to IAOS Statutes: The General Assembly is composed of the individual members, and one designated member from each institution which is a member. Each individual member shall have one vote. The decisions of the General Assembly are taken by simple majority of the votes cast at a meeting or by electronic means except as otherwise stated by the Statutes. Votes expressed electronically shall be considered as valid as votes in person at the General Assembly. Proxy voting is only allowed in the procedure for changing the statutes.
If you cannot attend, please let us know your comments to any item of the General Assembly by sending us a message to firstname.lastname@example.org.